Effective date: August 11, 2022
For California Consumers
If you are a California Consumer, please review the Fetch Rewards™ Privacy Notice for California Consumers Fetch Rewards™ Privacy Notice for California Consumers, which applies to you.
What Information does Fetch Collect?
Information You Provide Us
The information we collect varies depending on the type of activity you are performing and helps us provide you the products and services you request, personalize and improve your experience and allows us to provide you with opportunities to learn about products and services that may interest you. We collect the following Personal Information from or about you:
- Birth Date
- Email Address
- Billing Address
- Shipping Address
- Telephone Number(s)
- Any photo you provide for use as your profile
- Other information you provide us
For Digital Receipt Program ("eReceipts") participants: We collect consumer account or email log-in credentials and any personal information contained on digital receipts. Our use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Friend information when you Refer a Friend or participate in Social: When you refer a friend to join Fetch we provide you a link, some pre-formatted text relating to Fetch, and a referral code to send your friend. You send your friend the link, along with the pre-formatted text, and referral code on your own, and you do not share any of your friend's information with Fetch.
- Refer a Friend: If your friends sign up using the "refer a friend" referral code that you as your friends' advocate provided, we will let them know that their advocate has received points for the referral, and we will let you know that your friends have signed up and notify you when they scan their first receipt.
- Social: If your friends sign up using a referral code inviting them to be your Fetch friend, after that friend enters your referral code, they will be added to your Fetch friends list and you will be added to that friend's list of Fetch friends in Fetch Social.
- If you invite someone to be a friend who is already a Fetch member, we will provide your friend a push notification, which will take them to the Fetch App where they can accept your invitation. If they accept, we will automatically add that friend to your list of Fetch friends and you will be added to that friend's list of Fetch friends.
- We collect and display in each Fetch Social feed and leaderboard, the user names and profile photos of the friends with whom you directly connect, along with certain Fetch activity information.
- We collect information about the people, pages, account activity, and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them on our App.
Social Media Login
Other Information We Collect When You Use Our Website or App
Our Website or App collects certain information automatically about you and your use of our Website or App and services that does not necessarily personally identify you, your interactions with us and information regarding the device you use to access our Website or App (collectively "Other Information"). This information includes:
- User Submissions (as defined in the Terms)
- Date of Birth
- IP address
- Unique device ID
- App usage information, including but not limited to:
- Details about products you have scanned, purchased, searched for or favorited
- Details about rewards earned and redeemed, deals, challenges, discounts, and coupons associated with your account
- Time, duration, and location of your App use
- Other activity logs
- If you participate in Fetch Pay™, we collect your associated debit card transaction information history in order to award you points
We may utilize location services on your mobile device to collect and use location data, including the real-time geographic location of your device. We may obtain the physical location of your device by using satellite, cell phone tower, WiFi, or other technologies or signals. The physical location is used to provide you with a variety of services such as personalized content and/or advertising. We may communicate with you based on your location, and when we do so, we do that through our App's push notifications. We do not use your geo-location as a basis for sending you text or SMS messages. If you do not want to receive push notifications, you can disable that through your Fetch App Settings. We will collect precise real-time geolocation data only if you consent. You may opt out of using location services using your device's functionality to do so, but this may degrade the features and functionality that we can provide. Separate from precise geo-location options, our App [constantly or when the App is being utilized] approximates your device location solely for fraud detection purposes.
Information from Other Sources
We may collect data that is publicly available such as information you have submitted in public forums, including social media platforms. We may also collect information from third parties such as demographic information and other information that can enhance our existing information about you. We use this information to provide you services and to improve the products and services we deliver to you, including to prevent fraud and/or to verify your identity.
When we use tracking technologies, Fetch does not combine your data with data from third parties but rather only uses Fetch's own data for its business purposes and to operate the App. In other instances, we may not specifically track you in understanding certain aspects of our App or marketing campaigns but instead use a probabilistic modeling to estimate certain measurements relating to our App or campaigns.
How Does Fetch Use Your Information?
We use your information to provide you our Website, App, and Fetch Rewards™ program which allows you to engage and intentionally interact with all our participating brands to acquire points and/or bonus points by purchasing their products. We also use your information to analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our Website and App and the services we provide to you, including our marketing of products and services to you. More specifically, we may use your information:
- Pursuant to your direction to enable you to engage with all our participating brands to acquire points from them and otherwise interact with them
- To deliver our products and services to you, including completing and processing your receipts and transactions, processing your points, obtaining Rewards, or engaging in other transactions with us
- To enable you to create an account to conduct transactions and otherwise interact with us and our participating brands
- To determine your eligibility for certain products and/or services
- To enable you to participate in our services by referring a friend or engaging with your friends on our App
- To enable other Fetch members to find you in our App in order to connect through Social;
- To facilitate your engagement of other third party services like GoodRx through which you can earn points
- To communicate with you about our program and services, including to respond to your customer service requests or respond to any other inquiry or correspondence you send to us
- To present you with marketing relating to our program and services, including promotions, coupons and other offers
- To provide you updates, reminders, or other informational content
- To enable you to participate in a contests, sweepstakes, promotions, or surveys
- To enable you to participate in forums, blogs, and post testimonials. If you provide a testimonial, your name will be publicly posted along with the testimonial. Please remember that blogs and testimonials are located in the public areas of our Website or App. Do not share content that you would not want others to read, save, or share
- To analyze and improve our Website, App, products, and services, including analyzing trends and usage
- To analyze market trends and consumer behaviors for internal business purposes
- To prevent, detect, investigate, or remediate security or other legal concerns, including fraud
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of us our users, or any other person or the copyright-protected content of our Website
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, or industry requirements, or respond to subpoenas or government requests
- To fulfill any other purpose for which your provide it or consent
Digital Receipt Program
We use the information you provide us in connection with our Digital Receipt Program (Titled "eReceipts" in the Services) to provide you points relating to receipts you receive electronically. The Digital Receipt Program allows you to link other email accounts or digital consumer accounts to your Fetch account, as directed by you, through the use of your login credentials to that account(s) so that Fetch, as your agent, can retrieve purchase information from digital receipts in your digital consumer account or email. In processing your Digital Receipts, Fetch may retrieve Personal Information such as billing address, mailing address, name, payment method, and other information contained in the Digital Receipt email. The account credentials that you enter for these accounts are not stored with Fetch, but are stored on your device through appropriate secure methods, such as Keychain. Fetch may scan for any data believed to be a receipt in those email accounts or the linked consumer account.
- For Gmail Users
- We comply with the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements, and use information collected through your participation in our eReceipts program from your Gmail account only to provide you points for your purchases on behalf of our participating brands and to improve user-facing features on the App or Website such as letting you know ways to earn points or bonus points.
- We do not share your information that we receive through Google Gmail APIs with third parties other than those service providers as necessary to support functions we need to operate our eReceipts program, for legal or security reasons, or as part of an acquisition or liquidation.
How Does Fetch Share Your Information?
In operating our business and working to provide you the best products and services, unless specified otherwise elsewhere, we may share your information in the following ways:
- With our participating brands — When you use our App and participate in our program, you direct us to provide information you give us by registering and earning rewards to all participating brands who provide points in our Program and who can engage with you, including by sending you emails, and use your personal information in accordance with their privacy policies regardless of your actual interaction with each. For a list of our participating brands, click here. In addition, by uploading receipts, redeeming a Special Offer, participating in a Challenge, or taking a Survey offered by a Partner, you are using Fetch Rewards™ to intentionally interact with all our participating brands who provide points in our Program. Fetch does not share your Phone number with any participating brands. For more details about the terms of our Program click here to review our Terms of Service.
- What Value Do You Receive from Participating in Our Program? — Our program allows you to direct us to share your personal information you provide us when registering and earning rewards with all our participating brands so that you can interact with them to earn points. The value you receive in participating in our Program is calculated by and depends on the amount and nature of your interaction with our participating brands to obtain points. If you no longer want to share your personal information with all our participating brands, please stop using the Services and delete your account at any time.
- With our service providers — that is, organizations that provide services to support Fetch functions, such as our mail processing company, payment processing companies, and market research firms.
- With third parties to facilitate their provision of services to you — When you engage third party services like GoodRx through our App, we share your information with those third parties in order to facilitate your relationship with them.
- With your friends or other Fetch members participating in Social — If you entered a referral code, we will notify the person to whom Fetch issued the referral code that you entered it and both of you will be added to each others' friends list. Friends who are directly connected will share between them their user names, profile photo, state, number of friends and mutual friends, total dollars spent on a receipt, points earned, top brands for which points were earned, the store/merchant from which a receipt was scanned, the chosen Rewards for which points were redeemed, point-earning activities engaged in, the date on which each activity occurred, information about Social Offers in which you and your friends are participating, and other information, as disclosed to you from time to time. In addition, friends of your friends with whom you are not directly connected (i.e. Friends of Friends) and users with whom you are not directly or indirectly connected, will be able to see your name, profile picture, state, number of friends and mutual friends, limited information about Points-earning activities you've engaged in, and Fetch points.
Fetch members can also search for friends with whom they can connect on Social by providing a friend's email address or telephone number. If your email address or phone number matches a Fetch member's search, we will share your name and profile photo so that member can invite you to be a friend and/or join a Social group.
- With Business Partners — We operate our Fetch Pay™ Rewards program in conjunction with One Finance, a debit card provider, to enable you to earn points by using your Fetch Pay co-branded debit card. We share information with One Finance in order to operate our Fetch Pay Rewards program.
- With other users as part of the referral program — By providing your referral code or referral link to another user, or by entering a referral code or referral link from another user, you agree that this will form a digital relationship between your accounts, and that your name or other personal information may be shared with that user, either in-app or by our customer support team.
- With third parties for legal or security reasons
- We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
- Detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- With third parties as part of an acquisition or liquidation
- We are involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, corporate divestiture, reorganization, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company or if we undergo liquidation or bankruptcy proceedings, we may share your information in connection with such transaction or proceeding before and or after the transaction closes or the proceedings are completed.
- With your consent — We may share information in other ways if you give us consent or direct us to do so.
How We Use and Share De-identified and/or Aggregated Information
Personal Information and Other Information may be de-identified and/or aggregated in a way to remove the personally identifying components. De-identified and/or aggregated information is not and will not be treated as Personal Information and may be used by us and shared with third parties to provide insights into developing or improving products or services, marketing, investment research or for any other legally permissible purposes. These third parties may also use and disclose the de-identified and/or aggregated information for their own business purposes, including to understand consumer shopping behaviors, investment research, market trends and other insights and for any other legally permissible purposes.
How We Use Google Analytics
For analytics, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics may set cookies on your browser or mobile device or read cookies that are already there to collect information. Google Analytics may also receive information about you from apps you have downloaded that partner with Google. Google Analytics collects information such as how often you use our Website and how you use our Website. We use the information provided by Google Analytics to improve our Websites and services. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
Facebook Custom Audience
We may participate in Facebook's Custom Audience programs which enables us to display personalized ads to individuals on our emails lists when they visit Facebook. Facebook acts as our service provider and uses our Personal Information on our behalf to determine whether you are a registered Facebook account holder in connection with this program. You can opt-out of Facebook Custom Audience through the Ad Preferences controls on Facebook's privacy settings.
Your Information or the information you provide may be used to allow you to send messages to a friend through the Website or App. By using this functionality, you represent and agree that you have obtained the relevant required consent from that friend to send him/her messages and that we are not the sender or initiator of any such messages nor are you acting as our agent in sending any such messages.
There may be instances in which you have the ability (either directly or through a third-party service) to engage with us and others in public exchanges. This may include, but is not limited to, opportunities for you to provide comments, reviews, recommendations, or information related to Fetch Rewards, the App, a Partner or other entity, or specific products, items, or services (collectively, "User-Generated Content"). Any User-Generated Content may be visible to others to read, collect, re-publish, and otherwise freely use. When you voluntarily disclose personal identifiers (for example, your name, email address, or location) as part of User-Generated Content, the information can be read and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or parties. We make no representations and undertake no obligations as to the security or use of information you voluntarily include when submitting content. We are not responsible for anything you include in User-Generated Content or for removal of any User-Generated Content. If you include in your User-Generated Content any information relating to others, you represent that you have full permission and authority to do so.
Linking to Third Parties
When you leave this Website and go to another linked site, we are not responsible for the content or availability of the linked site. Please be advised that if you enter into a transaction on the third party site, we do not represent either the third party or you. Further, the privacy and security policies of the linked site may differ from those practiced by us and are not our responsibility. Moreover, we are not responsible for the privacy policies of other organizations, such as Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter, or any other organization involved in providing Fetch to you.
What Personal Information can I access, and how do I edit or change my Personal Information?
When you log into your account or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you have provided to us:
- Shopping Lists
- Email Address
- For Digital Receipt Program participants: consumer account and/or email log-in credentials
- User Name
- Date of Birth
- Past Receipts & purchases
- Selected Coupons
You may be able to add, update, or delete information. However, when changes are made we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. You can also contact us about questions or requests relating to your personal information by sending an email to email@example.com. To protect your privacy, before we give you access or let you update your information, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful. If you are a California resident, please review the Fetch Rewards™ Privacy Notice for California Consumers.
To stop sharing information with your friends in Fetch Social, you can disconnect yourself from specific friends or all friends with whom you are directly connected. This will delete all information relating to you in your Friend's feed and leaderboard.
Is Personal Information about me secure?
If you choose to register an account with us, it will be protected by a password of your choosing for your privacy and security. It is your obligation to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser and by logging out after you have finished accessing your account.
Other Privacy Topics
How do we treat Do Not Track signals
Certain browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that allows you to tell websites that you prefer not to have your online activities tracked. We do not currently respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals received from Internet browsers.
No Collection of Personal Information from Children Under 13 Years Old
Fetch's App and Website are not targeted to children under 13 years old, and it does not intend to collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are aware of a user under the age of thirteen (13) who has provided Personal Information to Fetch, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Parents and legal guardians may choose to provide information about their children, even if under the age of thirteen (13), for the purposes of using our products and services, including, without limitation, the App and Website.
What if I have questions about this policy?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Privacy Policies, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com.
We may also be contacted at the address below:
Fetch Rewards, Inc.
1050 E. Washington Ave., 2nd Floor
Madison, WI 53703